Old March 9th 04, 06:07 AM
Mikey

Back when I was a Novice, I wandered the neighborhood, looking at some of
the local hams' towers. I asked one of them, "I notice most of the guys
have 50' towers. Is that some sort of magic number?". His reply was,
"Actually, that's about as much tower as most of us can afford to buy!".

The bottom line is that you do what you can...it'll work, to some degree or
another.
73,
Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., CA

"John Passaneau wrote
The really big DXers have more than 1 beam on the tower and they feed them
stacked or singly to favorer the distance wish to work.
I have a height limit here of 40' and my antenna works OK, 271 confirmed,
but I wish it could be another 10' higher. I think it would work a bit
better. Remember if SWR and SWR bandwidth is important to you, then height
above ground is important. Check and see if the antenna your using

specifies
a minimum height, mine did.