Old May 19th 04, 04:11 PM
Rich Wood

On 18 May 2004 02:45:20 GMT, Tom Betz wrote:

She never advocated anyone kill W. Her words were, "why doesnt his father
take him, or his brother, one of em, take him out for a little uh.. fishing"

As I said, she referenced Michael Corleone killing Fredo in "The Godfather".

Unless you are prepared to assert that Rand Rhodes commanded Jeb to kill W...

You can try and explain it away but when someone suggests a father or
brother take someone out fishing, particularly a President, and makes
a noise imitating a gunshot I take it to mean there's a victim.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find the Secret Service would find a
gunshot in a boat where the President is present to be a problem. I'd
see lots of very wet black suits.

I don't care where the reference comes from. The actual audio names
members of the Bush family and clearly implies one is to be a gunshot
victim. It's not a terrible stretch to believe the victim would be the
President.

Not something mainstream advertisers would like.

I'm crushed that I've lost your respect, but many, many people didn't
see the reference as a lie. I listened to the archive (the shows are
archived) and there was no doubt the death of the President was the
focus.

Rich