Old May 20th 04, 04:12 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "David Eduardo" in
:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
Rich Wood wrote in news:c8fteq$uh$1

Funny how the lie made its way into the trades so quickly, to be repeated
over and over again before the truth could get its boots on.

The text has been posted and a link to the audio as well. It is very clear
that what happened was an attempt at humor that went to far by anyone's
standards.

There is no lie. Only your denial.

As you have read (and posted here) a transcript, why do you persist in
promulgating a falsehood?

From your own transcript posting:

Caller: One more question: Why don't the American people see that the
entire Bush Family are crooks?

Randi: Well that would--

C: Neil, Jeb, George Senior Iran Contra, and and and now Dopey

R: And what was involved.. what do they have in common? All of these
things?

C: It's all money.

R: They all stole. They stole from banks. They stole from Pakistani banks;
they stole from American banks; they stole from small banks, big banks,
neighborhood banks. They stole from MY bank. My bank was uh this Savings
and Loan of Broward--

C: Yup

R: --and Jeb took care of that bank. Jeb actually bought a building that
was uh you know took a mortgage on the building of four million dollars and
then just you know said he couldnt pay the.. the the the uh the note you
know the mortgage and the bank totally went belly up and the tax payers had
to bail out that bank too. I mean--

C: They're thieves; they're the Corleones and as you said--

R: They ARE the Corelones!

C: --and now we're down to Fredo.

R: Well I gotta find... Well right, we've got the Fredo of the family is
the President of the United States! So uh why doesnt his father take him,
or his brother, one of em, take him out for a little uh.. fishing

C: Yeah--

R: You know

C: --on a row boat

R: Yeah and let him say some Hail Marys

C: I'll bet Bush does have a little dingy

R: Yeah.. take him out and you know "Hail Mary, full of grace, God is with
you-" [Randi makes the sound of a blast] ... Works for me.

C: Absolutely, thank you--

R: Thank you... I don't think you can say that anymore. I really don't. You
will see. No Godfather references when it comes to the Bush family. Nope!

Now, please tell me, where in that transcripet are the words Newsmax
"quoted"?

From http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/5/12/153908.shtml,

where the whole flap started:

Comparing Bush and his family to the Corleones of "Godfather" fame, Air
America host Randi Rhodes reportedly unleashed this zinger during her
Monday night broadcast: "Like Fredo, somebody ought to take him out
fishing and phuw."

[ end quote ]

Newsmax lied, made up a "quote" that was much worse than the innocent
reference Rhodes made to her favorite movie, and that phony "quote" was what
the press repeated.

Please do not pretend otherwise; the facts are not on your side.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these