Old May 23rd 04, 03:41 AM
WBRW

(Michael Salmons) wrote in message ...
Does ANY station in the US broadcast in stereo anymore?
More specifically, any 50kw stations or at least something I can pick
up in the US midwest at night? I purchased an AM stereo campatible
tuner about three months ago and have never even seen a hint of stereo
on the AM band.

For a comphrehensive worldwide list of AM Stereo stations, visit The
Official AM Stereo Web Site:

http://AMStereo.s5.com

In the Midwest at night, try 760 WJR from Detroit and 890 WLS from
Chicago -- both 50,000-watt AM Stereo stations with nighttime coverage
that extends for hundreds of miles. (Yes, despite the ill-named
thread here, WJR continues to broadcast in full AM Stereo to this day,
as do hundreds of other stations around the world.)

p.s. If your receiver has never triggered into Stereo mode on the AM
band, are you sure it truly has AM Stereo capability? More than a few
people have been fooled by ambiguously-labeled "FM/AM Stereo"
receivers which are actually only Stereo on the FM band. Check the
receiver list on the aforementioned web site to make sure yours is
listed.