Old May 25th 04, 03:55 PM
Rich Wood

On 24 May 2004 17:38:00 GMT, Tom Betz wrote:

I just heard Franken talking about the latest Arbitrends a little while
ago. If I heard him right, he said that WLIB got a bigger share than WABC
in both the 18-24 and 25-34 demos during the midday daypart.

Franken was the keynote speaker at this weekend's Talkers New Media
Seminar in New York. He made that claim there but clearly didn't
understand what the numbers meant.

I can believe it might be true due to all the external publicity. It's
not the book. It's the first 3 month average.

Frankenly, I hope he's right. He was very open about the troubles the
network is having and made some very funny remarks about the quality
of its series of managers.

This would mean that Franken, on the puny WLIB, beat Rush, on the
powerhouse WABC, in two desirable demographics.

The differences he quoted were well within statistical error. We need
to find someone on the list with access to Maximiser with the New York
figures.

Rich