Old May 25th 04, 07:46 PM
Tom Betz

Rich Wood wrote in news:c8vmpe$18c$1
@xuxa.iecc.com:

I can believe it might be true due to all the external publicity. It's
not the book. It's the first 3 month average.

Actually, after discussion with others elsewhere who DO have access to
Maximizer, it looks as though the numbers Franken saw (and happily
admitted he doesn't really understand) were the raw share numbers just
for April.

This three-month rolling trend comparison for the midday daypart (the
last two hours of Unfiltered and all of O'Franken Factor vs. the last two
hours of John Gambling and all of Rush Limbaugh) is very interesting.

10AM-3PM MON-FRI, PERSONS 25-54

F M A
WABC 2.5 2.2 2.6
WLIB 1.0 1.5 2.2

These are "trend" numbers, meaning that the April raw share number would
actually be higher for both stations -- as I understand it, the previous
two months' listenership is factored into the April number as presented.

Given the huge leap that the April number represents for WLIB, it's
possible that the raw listener share for WLIB in April actually WAS
slightly higher than for WABC -- in other words, out of the box, Franken
may have beaten (or at least tied) Rush in the #1 U.S. radio market! I'm
still digging to sort it out, as I don't have direct access to the raw
information, either.

Frankenly, I hope he's right.

Frankenly (did you mean to type that?), so do I. If it turns out he's
wrong, I'm sure he'll feature that fact in an upcoming "Boring
Corrections" segment.

Only time will tell whether Air America can sustain such remarkable
performance on WLIB -- but even to move for one month into the ratings
neighborhood of the WABC powerhouse is quite an accomplishment.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |