Old May 26th 04, 11:46 PM
Bobby The D

Does ANY station in the US broadcast in stereo anymore?
More specifically, any 50kw stations or at least something I can pick
up in the US midwest at night? I purchased an AM stereo campatible
tuner about three months ago and have never even seen a hint of stereo
on the AM band.

WWKB in Buffalo lights the stereo indicator on my Delco radio, but the
programming seems to be in mono. They're pretty directional, so it's
not likely you're gonna get them in the midwest. Only other one I
know of is WILD, a daytimer in Boston. Supposedly, all the X-band
(1610-1700) stations broadcast in stereo. My stereo radio doesn't
tune that high.