Old May 29th 04, 01:18 AM
Bobby The D

Taliesyn wrote in message news
WABC comes in clear as a bell in the Montreal area. I used to listen to
it often back in the Seventies when music still ruled AM. Today it's
just another news/talk station littering the band.

Clear channel is great, though. Living in the Vancouver area back in the
mid to late Sixties I used to pick up several eastern and east coast
stations at night. Doesn't seem to work in reverse though :-(, I can't
get anything past Minneapolis, Texas and Winnipeg. The good old days!

My guess is that you wouldn't have much luck picking up east coast
stations in Vancouver today with the increased electrical noise and
just general band clutter.

Another reason it's tough to hear west coast radio on in the east is
that there aren't many powerful signals out that way, and even fewer
that aren't directional.