Old May 30th 04, 04:35 PM
George Csahanin

Try WBAP 820 from Ft. Worth, TX. 50KW Non-DA. Last check within a month or
so, still stereo. Other problem: talk format.

-G

"Michael Salmons" wrote in message
Does ANY station in the US broadcast in stereo anymore?
More specifically, any 50kw stations or at least something I can pick
up in the US midwest at night? I purchased an AM stereo campatible
tuner about three months ago and have never even seen a hint of stereo
on the AM band.

Michael Salmons

(misterfact) wrote in message

Tom Betz wrote in message

(Steven Burns) wrote in
:

Given that WJR had broadcast in stereo for some 20 years, this is
hardly an encouraging sign for the status of AM Stereo within the
industry.

For how many of those 20 years has it been a talk station?

Back when I used to listen to it (60's through mid-70's) it had enough

of a
variety of programming to make it worth using stereo, and none was
available. But who needs stereo on a talk station? It's a waste.

Who needs a pathological liar talk show host like "you know who" in

stereo either!