Old June 10th 04, 03:03 AM
OIE

Default Fair Use in a Talk Show

There were some great answers to my last question about ads on radio,
so I figured I would throw out another question and hope for the same

I'd like to create an audio talk show on the internet. Can I use any
audio from other talk shows, from news shows, and so on? Can I read
directly from web pages since they are publicly available? Not that I
would only rip stuff off, but say I wanted to play a clip of something
on someone else's show, or from the news, and then comment on it.
Does everything basically need permission? And would that mean paying
royalties, which I'm not going to do? Just a basic FAQ on this sort
of thing would be great. I've searched for a while and all I seem to
find is "fair use" on downloading mp3s (don't care) and on using
published works in university classrooms (which isn't a public thing
like a talk show). Any information you could give would be
appreciated. Thanks!

OIE