Old June 12th 04, 10:06 PM
Charlie

Favorite station is WGN, Chicago, IL. The reason for this selection is
that the air personnel are very conversational. The programs are
diversified. The morning show reaches out to ABC (they are an affiliate
not an O & O) network staffers like Ann Compton at the White House and
Sam Donaldson for personal one on one updates. You may find them
talking to a governor or senator when needed to explain the importance
of something. They are LOCAL and LIVE. They continually interact with
the listeners via phones. And they still stream except when MLB makes
them delete the Cubs broadcasts

Second would be WAKV, Otsego-Plainwell, MI. Somewhat local to me.
Basically VT'd except the morning show. Almost everyone on the air
there was an air personality in the nearby Kalamazoo, MI market. The
station refers to itself as Vintage Radio as the music mix runs from the
40's to the 70's or so.

Sorry but the third is the CD collection in the car and at home. When I
want to hear Beethoven, I want to hear Beethoven.