Old June 14th 04, 05:22 AM
David Eduardo

"Mark Howell" wrote in message
On 12 Jun 2004 16:30:53 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

Most stations don't care today about anything except their home metro
groundwave coverage. Any damage in the secondary or skywave coverage

areas
is irrelevant.

As an employee of one of several AM station owners, including CCU and
Disney, involved in a battle over interference from stations in
Northern Mexico, I beg to differ. We care a lot, and have joined in
legal action to protect our signal.

But you are concened about the damage to the local signal, not the abilty to
hear an AM hundreds of miles form its city of license.

There is also some evidence that IBOC interference can affect home
metro groundwave coverage of adjacent channel stations.

But not much. I can listen to the 1050 in the Riverside market within 10
miles of the KTNQ 50 kw IBOC site.