Old June 15th 04, 01:21 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

David Eduardo wrote:
Most stations don't care today about anything except their home metro
groundwave coverage. Any damage in the secondary or skywave coverage areas
is irrelevant.

Maybe not to the listeners who live in such areas?

There are areas where all nighttime AM service is secondary - where no
AM station provides primary service. My location is nearly one of them;
the only station providing primary nighttime AM service is WSM. It is
not difficult to find a place in Tennessee beyond WSM's primary coverage
where there is *no* nighttime primary service - my guess is several
hundred thousand people in Tennessee alone live in such areas.

Certainly these people aren't a majority, but there are a *bunch* of
them out there - and they have Congressmen. Will these people complain
to their representatives when their AM service disappears? Or is AM so
irrelevant to most listeners that they won't care - or even notice?
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66