Old June 15th 04, 06:42 AM
David Eduardo

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

IBOC FM is a mixed bag. It doesn't sound all that wonderful, but again
I think most of the FM sound quality issues have to do with

overprocessing
more than anything else, and digital transmission doesn't do anything

about
that.

I am "in the building" with one of these, and on the available receivers,

FM
IBOC has definite advantages, one you realize you are hearing audio

without
the preemphasis curve we are used to hearing on FM. That done, it sounds
better to everyone who has heard real-world music programming on it.

Run that by me again? You shouldn't hear any pre-emphasis curve on normal
FM. That's what de-emphasis is for.

You hear the artifacts of it having been done, processed, and deemphasized.

While it will take time to enter the market, the sound of AM IBOC now is
very, very good. When running music on the one of these that is also in

the
building, it sounds better than some local FMs.

Your local FMs must sound really dreadful.

Los Angeles.