Old June 26th 04, 05:30 PM
Bob Haberkost

"steve" wrote in message ...
I'm setting up an Optimod am 9100 B.
I want to set it up to have a lot of punch (compression) and get the
loudest possible audio out of it, while maintaining a clean sound. I
have heard stations with them with aggressive processing that sound
great and I want to mirror that sound.

Does anyone have experience setting one up. If so, what settings do
you recommend.
Thanks!

From experience....you set it to the settings that make it sound the way you want.

No, seriously....AM plants, being that there are so many more variables (antenna Q,
transmitter variability (iron? switchmod? Doherty?), there really isn't one setting
that can be recommended.

What I can say is this....don't go adding a lot of high-end, in the hopes of
brightening-up the sound. It'll turn to mush. Use a lot of gating. And the center
for the midrange boost should be fairly high, as what you're looking for is the
highest degree of amplitude control in the upper-midrange, so that the low end is
less squashed and thus, removed of dynamic range.
There must always be the appearance of lawfulness....especially when the law's being
broken.
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-