Old July 5th 04, 04:36 PM
Sam Byrams

Default DRM in the USA: a comment

Firstly, I hate IBOC as it will likely destroy skywave listening at
night, an 80-plus year heritage we have in the USA. Further, I don't
like Ibiquity's technology. This isn't a scientific issue, but rather
a personal one.

DRM is, in my opinion, the way to go, despite the fact the audio
isn't High End, because it's a world standard that can effectively use
different bandwidths as they are available.

I don't see why we can't have DRM on a portion of the AM band and
also on frequencies at HF, VHF and UHF that aren't utilized now on a
local basis. Clearly, the public interest demands that the number of
channels available exceed the number the five or s1x largest broadcast
companies can afford to buy up, because we need local radio.