Old July 20th 04, 04:49 PM
David Eduardo

"Deceitful Deceivers" wrote in message
"David Eduardo" wrote:

CCU is 25% below the 52 week peak. In other words, CCU is
off less than VIA, based on share price. But, of course,
since VIA has three times the number of shares, the money
loss is much more on VIA.

Interesting, but irrelevant. The relevant period to compare
is the last 6 months. It was 6 months ago that Clear Channel
fired Howard, not a year ago.

This has noting to do with the morning shows on 6 stations our of 1200, no
matter how you want to position it.

Clear Channel stock has very closely treacked the sector, with no indication
that anyone gives a hoot about Howard on wall Street.

I clipped the rest since it either followed along the same
irrelevant path or because I covered P/E ratios in my
response to Tim.

It is about politics, democracy, and freedom. Clear Channel
is the same station that issued a banned-song list after
9/11,

Wrong. Several PDs, on thier own, made lists of songs tht might be
sensitive, especially if played near news reports or commentary about 9/11.
It was an example of self-discipline, not censorship. No song was banned.

stopped playing Dixie Chicks after they criticized
Bush/Cheney,

Actually, many non-Clear Channel stations did this before Clear Channel ones
did. Nearly every country station in America reacted to listener outrage
about the Maynes comments and yanked the songs. The first were owned by
Cumulus, in fact.

and issued another banned song list after
the Superbowl indecency erectile disfunction.

No such thing. Urban legend, like the other two.