Old July 20th 04, 10:12 PM
Scott Dorsey

ChrisCoaster wrote:
Ohh, that's even worse. "Bomb"ing your own era? I'da loved to have
grown up when you did, pal. At least you HAD real music back then
where talent actually SANG. Today one doesn't even have to sing, play
an instrument(computer does that for you) or know how to read
music(which I don't but I'm no performer) to hit the top 10. Today's
scene is about as creative as a toiletseat compared to 30, 40, 50
years ago.

That's exactly what my parents said 30 years ago, though.

I'll say that top-40 is far more homogenized than it was when I was a kid.
It used to be there were a wide variety of different musical styles all on
the same chart, but now things are much more uniform. I think that's bad,
and I think it bores listeners as well.

BUT, I don't think anyone can claim that "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I've Got
Love In My Tummy" is any better than the worst song on the charts today.
--scott