Old July 21st 04, 03:11 PM
Charles Hobbs

Scott Dorsey wrote:

I'll say that top-40 is far more homogenized than it was when I was a kid.

Is there such a thing as Top-40 anymore? I think at some point, everyone
was so into their own format (rock, rap, alternative, etc.) that few
people explore any music out of their own "ghetto". Probably has to do
as much with self identity issues as it does with plain intellectual
laziness...

BUT, I don't think anyone can claim that "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I've Got
Love In My Tummy" is any better than the worst song on the charts today.

There were clinkers back then and there are clinkers now.