Old August 18th 04, 04:54 AM
Mark Roberts

Scott Dorsey had written:
| Eric C. Weaver wrote:
| Mike Terry wrote:
| By Stephen Leahy
| Aug. 16, 2004
|
| Korean scientists have found that regions near AM radio-broadcasting towers
| had 70 percent more leukemia deaths than those without.
|
| The study, to be published in an upcoming issue of the International
| Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, also found that cancer
| deaths were 29 percent higher near such transmitters.
|
| Did anybody check for PCBs and (other) known chemical carcinogens in the
| environment?
|
| Good stuff! We used to have the power company crews pour used PCB oil
| on our access roads. Really kept the dust down. Back then, nobody thought
| anything that came in drums marked "SAFETY OIL" would turn out to be unsafe.

Sounds like you could have had another Times Beach on your hands.

(That was the Missouri town where dioxin-laced waste oil was used
for the same purpose -- and that had to be bought out years later
as a result of contamination.)

--
Mark Roberts |"Some jesters in a British competition described in a page-one
Oakland, Cal.| article last Monday ride on unicycles. The article incorrectly