Old August 20th 04, 01:17 AM
Frank Dresser

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

Anyway, there's been over 80 years of kW+ levels of AM broadcasting, and

it
seems strange this leukemia concern has gone unnoticed until now.

Hi Frank,

Good point but compare to asbestos causing cancer where it can take 60

years
to appear.

Yes, but researchers can also sift through 80 years of public health
records. The people who have, or had, leukemia are known. It shouldn't be
hard to find out who lived near a radio transmitter and for how long. It
might be interesting to ask veterinarians about animal leukemia, since many
transmitters are located in rural areas.

But, since this story is being treated as news, I don't think there are even
any "rural legends" about a connection between leukemia and AM radio
transmitters.

Let's not forget that perfectly random chance is going to usually give us
lumpy results. A perfectly smooth map of leukemia cases would be something
like flipping a quarter ten times and getting exactly a h-t-h-t-h-t-h-t-h-t
result. It could happen, but any lumpy combination is just as likely, and
there are more lumpy combinations to go around.

Random chance alone might give us some leukemia hot spots. Some of those
hot spots might be near AM transmitters. It'll be interesting to see if
other leukemia hot spots are around AM radio transmitters, or if is just one
of those weird number things.

I also often wonder what PCs are doing to us all staring at them all day,
we may be in for a big health shock in the years to come!

Brother Stair used to say that the Internet was Satan's entryway into the
home. He seems to have softened his opposition lately. His website has a
page accepting donations using credit cards and paypal.

Also mobiles may ruin the brain. The consequences could be disastrous.

Mobiles as cellphones? Yes, there's no need to do studies to observe the
brain damage caused by those evil things. Just observe the cellphone addled
drivers as they careen from one close call to the next. The damage is
self-evident. Well, I don't need no stinkin' cellphone to damage my brain.

I'll stick with shortwave radio.

Happy thoughts!!

Cheers

Mike