Old August 22nd 04, 05:55 PM
clifto

Rob wrote:
I'm writing in regards to the FCC's Emergency Alert System. I am a
hobbyist trying to set up a system to listen for EAS broadcasts in my
area, but although I've read over the documentation on the matter
(11.31, 47CFR)*, I can't figure out what the frequency to listen on
should be. Can anyone offer any guidance on the subject?

Section 11.11 The Emergency Alert System (EAS).

(a) The EAS is composed of broadcast networks; cable networks and
program suppliers; AM, FM and TV broadcast stations; Low Power TV
(LPTV) stations; cable systems; wireless cable systems which may
consist of Multipoint Distribution Service (MDS), Multichannel
Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS), or Instructional Television
Fixed Service (ITFS) stations; and other entities and industries
operating on an organized basis during emergencies at the National,
State and local levels.

--
"Kerry arrived [in Viet Nam] with a strong anti-Vietnam War bias and a self-
serving determination to build a foundation for his political future."
-- Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann, USN (Ret.), May 4, 2004