Old August 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Truth

I don't doubt that high levels of RF can be dangerous. The first two chief
engineers I worked with both died of cancer in their 50s.

Wouldn't FM broadcast antennas be an even greater concern? The height of
most adults would make them resonant somewhere near, or in, the FM broadcast
band.

Comparing wavelengths of "people" based on their height is ridiculous.
Microwaves are a much shorter wavelength and cause much more damage to the human
body, so the wavelength of people based on their height theory needs to be
thrown out right away.

I'd expect energy transfer to be more effiecnt from the FM broadcast
antenna to the human body than it is in the AM broadcast band.

This is like the argument that you should vote for the lesser of two evils,
rather than vote for a good candidate.

Why choose to live near an AM or FM broadcast antenna? I would not want to
live next to either. What is more annoying is how cellular telephone
antennas are getting to be impossible to avoid, and new ones are being put up
every week.

Anyway, there's been over 80 years of kW+ levels of AM broadcasting, and it
seems strange this leukemia concern has gone unnoticed until now.

80 years is only one generation of people. Give it time. Old time radio
commercials have doctors endorsing cigarettes that are healthy and good for you
and your throat.

Cell phones have not been in use long enough for the evidence to exist to
convince those that don't have the radio background to know how dangerous they
are now, without needing to see several generations of people suffer from them
first.

Aspartame is only now starting to get the attention that I was aware of decades
ago.

Now we have Sucralose (not sucrose) and Ace K, and again, we will have to wait
around 20 years or longer before enough people have suffered to start to
consider them a health threat.