Old August 27th 04, 07:13 PM
Mike T.

Default Timothy Leary Lives

On 25 Aug 2004 22:17:30 GMT, (Ubiquitous) wrote:

"Clear Channel jettisoned KPOP's longtime Adult Standards and heritage call
letters [Monday] morning to becomes KLSD, 'San Diego's Progressive Talk,' "
reports RadioandRecords.com. "KLSD's new lineup of left-of-center talk
personalities includes Air America's Al Franken, Randi Rhodes and Janeane
Garafolo along with Jones Radio Network's Ed Schultz and WOR Radio Network's
Lionel."

KLSD? We guess that's appropriate for these acid-tongued liberals.

Among the Clear Channel stations, this stands out like a token black
at a KKK meeting. Given the politics of Clear Channel, I suspect that
KLSD is a piece of black propaganda intended to discredit Democrats,
liberals, and progressives. The call letters are a tip-off. It's like
setting up a fake organization called "Terrorists for Peace" or
"Pedophiles for Sex Education."

Either that, or the FCC has been leaning on Clear Channel about
"balance."

Is anyone familiar with these "personalities?" Do they make sense, or
are they just a bunch of left wing-nuts trying to balance a bunch of
right wing-nuts?

Mike T., Canadian observer fascinated by US politics & media.