Old August 31st 04, 06:56 PM
Cooperstown.Net

"Blue Cat" wrote in message

My only question is that after a 2 year period of XM and Sirius, why hasn't
the cost of receiving equipment come down?

What makes you think it hasn't? My first Sirius receiver, the Jensen, was
almost $300 with the antenna. Audiovox in 2003 was about $150 complete, and
XMPCR this year $50 complete.

In a year or two I expect XM to be integrated in PCs and DVDs, licensed as a
product differentiator the way MP3 capability is today.

For those who haven't been following the web boards, XMPCR has been
withdrawn in the past week or two and is now going for over $300 on EBay.
Believed to relate to software someone wrote to capture the analog output on PC
as MP3. That kind of software is everywhere of course, but this program crossed
a line by breaking the captured audio into smaller MP3 files with title and
artist fixed into each one, a huge problem for XM and RIAA.

Jerome