Old September 2nd 04, 10:29 PM
Rich Wood

On 21 Aug 2004 15:09:19 GMT, "Dr. Who" wrote:

Then the guy asks, "What's IBOC?". I said that High Def digital radio.
He then says No. We don't broadcast that kind of radio. You need to
subscibe to Satellite radio to listen to digital radio.

Would you call a radio station and ask the receptionist how many
towers they use? Why would you expect an ordinary employee, not in the
engineering department, to know about IBOC? At this point, it's highly
experimental and not promoted heavily.

I worked at WOR for 10 years. It's a big place with a lot going on. If
you want to know about IBOC, talk to their Director of Engineering,
Tom Ray. He can tell you more than you'll ever remember about the
system.

Rich