Old March 10th 04, 02:12 PM
Mike Coslo

Default Radial Question

I'm getting ready to install my tree mounted 80 m vertical now that the
ground is thawing.

It will be a 1/4 wave vertical for 80 meters.

I have a question regarding the radials I'll be putting out. I was
planning on using solid #12 copper, and was going to lay out about 500
feet total of radial.

Am I better off to use fewer and longer, or shorter and more? I'm
inclined toward 10 50 foot radials. I have heard opposing views on the
"proper" length of radials. (I'm assuming that longer and more would be
much better, but I have some practical considerations here)

- Mike KB3EIA -