Old September 10th 04, 12:42 AM
R J Carpenter

"Bill Blomgren" wrote in message

Well, if the utilities down there put the wires underground, they wouldn't
have problems with the trees ripping them down.

Might have trouble with the roots of the trees ripping them up as they pull
out of the ground. And then there is the problem of gnawing animals.

A few years ago I was driving around the countryside near Plymouth, England.
I was surprised that the utilities were underground even out in the
countryside. I never figured out whether this was some "Beautiful Britain"
scheme or because of the frequent gales they get along the English Channel.