Old September 19th 04, 04:44 PM
WShoots1

I agree with you, Al. And thanks to David and, especially, Mark for the
details.

There are two jazz stations in the Houston market. My favotire is KTSU, a
university station on 90.0. It has cool jazz and blues, among other things.

The other is KHJZ, smooth jazz (which I don't care as much for) on 95.7. They
really bug me with their constant cutsie imaging --The Wa-a-ave, even between
selections in the alleged sets.

I like the Sunday jazz brunch on Clear Channel's Sunny 99 (99.1). I don't
recall ever hearing its call letters. I guess I'll look 'em up in the FCC data
base. It does play better rock classics than KROI does.

I'd listen to big band KBME on 790 AM, except its signal is weak where I live.
Too, it has many more commercials since the production group got tossed from
its format-changed FM home.

(I'm listening to New Age music on KUHF right now. G)

Bill, K5BY
SE Texas