Old October 1st 04, 03:48 AM
Dan Mills

Bruce Sam wrote:

I have read RDS standard EN 500067:1998 several times.Because I am a
newbie in this field and I'm a china student in the university,So I
have few experience in RDS.I hope to search deeply into RDS field.And I
have some questions in here1)Does RDS is a unhearable signal?

RDS is modulated onto a 57Khz ubcarrier and has a bandwidth of about 2.5Khz
- can you hear 54Khz (Not very likely)?
This signal is then added to the MPX stereo signal before feeding the
transmitter.

If
so,does it means I couldn't hear the music broadcasting station?So it
make me deep into the puzzle now.(2)What I have read is only the
specification,how can I obtain the RDS application's algorithm form
some website or other places?

I have a software based stereo and RDS encoder on my website (needs Linux,
Jack, liblo & a compatable 192Khz soundcard). The source is there so grab a
CVS client and feel free to study it.

http://www.spamblock.demon.co.uk/stereogen.html [0]

Regards, Dan.

[0]Yes really!
--
** The email address *IS* valid, do NOT remove the spamblock
And on the evening of the first day the lord said...........