Old March 10th 04, 06:39 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Cec, I don't doubt your experimental results. It's your extrapolated
imagination and logic which worries me. ;o)

I didn't imagine those experimental results, Reg, and all I did was
report those results. My logic tells me that there is a grain of
valid circumstantial evidence in there somewhere.

What you need to do to prove your point is present an antenna where the
high-current portion is prohibited from radiating yet still yields a
high field strength.

Example #1: The top half of an electrical 1/4WL antenna is prohibited
from radiating by a balanced top hat. Field strength results are
similar to a 1/4WL monopole. This has already been presented.

Example #2: The bottom half of an electrical 1/4WL antenna is
prohibited from radiating by _________________. Fill in the blank
and prove that field strength results are similar to a 1/4WL monopole.
That's all you need to do to make a believer (instead of a doubter)
out of me.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp