Old October 16th 04, 07:37 AM
fredtv

I saw a TV news story that said power transformers acted as ''speed bumps''
on the information superhighway. Have they found away around this? Or is
the powerline Internet service still slower than competing technologies?

--Fred Cantu
Austin, TX

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
The FCC has acted to approve the implementation of Brodband Over
Powerline technology (BPL) for widspread Internet access in the
United States. We were able to get in and record part of the October
14th proceeding which is now posted as a downloadable MP3 file at our
website: www.arnewsline.org/quincy under the title of "EXTRA".

The speakers you will hear inorder of their appearance are FCC
Commissioners Michael Copps, Kevin Martin, Jonathan Adelstein and FCC
Chairman Michael Powell. The presentation concludes with the actual
vote to proceed with the implementation of BPL

(ARNewsline)