Old October 18th 04, 05:26 AM
Frank Dresser

"Bob Haberkost" wrote in message

This is, in my opinion, a gimme by the FCC to the power distribution

companies who
want into an industry far above the old technologies they're in now.

I suspect politics are behind it. Not the political differences between
liberals and conservatives or the presumed differences between Demorcrats
and Republicans. It's the politics of opportunism. Anyone who acts to
restrict BPL on technical grounds will be called a "thief of broadband
rights" and "a pawn of the telecommunications establishment".

The FCC commissioners put themselves into a no lose situation by allowing
BPL. If it works, they take the credit. If it fails, they don't get the
blame.

The fundamental problems still exist,

Thank you for making sense.

[snip]

I'd stay away from this, if an investment opportunity were to come around.

[snip]

One of the major BPL suppliers has publicly traded stock. They've gone
through a big decline, and are a penny stock now. A terrific buying
opportunity for those who are certain BPL is the next big thing!!

Frank Dresser