Old October 19th 04, 06:11 AM
Scott Dorsey

Frank Dresser wrote:

The FCC commissioners put themselves into a no lose situation by allowing
BPL. If it works, they take the credit. If it fails, they don't get the
blame.

What has happened to the FCC interference protection standards, though?
I am regularly seeing appliances for sale which can't even come close to
meeting the Part 15 requirements for emission. Now we've got BPL coming
down the pike, on top of all the touch lamps and noisy TV sets. Is there
anyone at the FCC that cares about MW and HF use at all?

One of the major BPL suppliers has publicly traded stock. They've gone
through a big decline, and are a penny stock now. A terrific buying
opportunity for those who are certain BPL is the next big thing!!

I think BPL is a terrible idea, and I say that as someone who holds stock
in several power companies. But then, I thought VOIP was a terrible idea
also.
--scott