Old October 20th 04, 03:45 AM
Fuller Wrath

:
: What has happened to the FCC interference protection standards, though?
: I am regularly seeing appliances for sale which can't even come close to
: meeting the Part 15 requirements for emission. Now we've got BPL coming
: down the pike, on top of all the touch lamps and noisy TV sets. Is there
: anyone at the FCC that cares about MW and HF use at all?

a bigger question should be what has happened to the FCC period (hint:
michael powell is no help). AM and FM interference "standards" went out
with the fairness doctrine. both bands have been totally ghettoized. fits
in nicely with the crud channel corporate sound of slop. no standards on
the technical side and no standards on the programming side. no wonder
listenership is down....