Old October 20th 04, 03:45 AM
Frank Dresser

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

What has happened to the FCC interference protection standards, though?
I am regularly seeing appliances for sale which can't even come close to
meeting the Part 15 requirements for emission.

You're right. Interference requirements seem to have to become a dead issue
in the last 10 or 15 years. It would be asking alot of the FCC to have them
start caring now.

Now we've got BPL coming
down the pike, on top of all the touch lamps and noisy TV sets. Is there
anyone at the FCC that cares about MW and HF use at all?

I don't think so.

I think BPL is a terrible idea, and I say that as someone who holds stock
in several power companies. But then, I thought VOIP was a terrible idea
also.
--scott

Are any of those power companies considering BPL? I'd worry about the
company ****ing away cash on a goofy idea.

Frank Dresser