Old October 31st 04, 10:24 PM
DAB sounds worse than FM

Walt Davidson
writes
On 30 Oct 2004 16:28:20 GMT, "Capture Boy"
wrote:

Most of the channels are in mono.

That is disgraceful misrepresentation.

Of the 56 DAB stations I can receive, 3 are in mono.

That *is* a disgraceful misrepresentation. If you can receive 56 DAB
stations then you surely must be able to receive the BBC and Digital One
multiplexes, which have the following mono stations on them:

BBC:

Radio 5
Radio 5 Sports Extra
BBC7
Asian Network
World Service

Digital One:

Oneword
talksport

That's 7 on 2 multiplexes and not including any on the other commercial
muxes that you must be able to receive if you can receive 56 stations.
Moreover, I very much doubt that you can receive 56 unique stations,
because if you can receive 56 stations then there's bound to be some
overlap between stations on local commercial multiplexes that you're not
in the area for. That is, how many versions of Kiss or The Storm etc can
you receive?

DAB prices - http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/da...tal_radios.htm