Old November 20th 04, 09:01 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article , Higgins wrote:
Get my friend out of his car!!! He's a lifelong New Yorker who has
moved to Gaithersburg, MD, a bit NW of Washington, D.C. He's a diehard
fan of NYC sports talk station WFAN (not streamed on the net), 770 Am.
He can get it on his car radio, but not in the house. So he'll sit in
his driveway at night listening to The Fan. Obviously, he's got a
better antenna in the car. So how can I help him put a good AM antenna
in his house??? I've seen the C Crane site, and a Terk unit or two.
I'm not terribly interested in a homebrew solution.

Why not? A longwire antenna will beat any of the active antennas hands down.
Problem is that it may be so good that you'll find yourself needing a more
selective radio.
--scott