Old November 21st 04, 05:06 PM
Scott Dorsey

R J Carpenter wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
In article , Higgins

wrote:
I'm not terribly interested in a homebrew solution.

Why not? A longwire antenna will beat any of the active antennas hands

down.
Problem is that it may be so good that you'll find yourself needing a more
selective radio.

If the friend lives in Montgomery Village, Gaithersburg, outdoor antennas
are prohibited, so it would have to be a stealth one. All of the
subdivisions started in Montgomery County in the past 45 years forbid
antennas, to the best of my knowledge.

A little #22 magnet wire under the eaves will do an amazing job and nobody
will ever be the wiser. I did this in apartments and college dorms for
years for receiving and transmitting. I had a 40M dipole with trap coils
between my balcony and two adjacent buildings even, once.
--scott