Old March 11th 04, 12:10 AM
Jim Kelley

Walter Maxwell wrote:
Have you guys ever considered that since the infinitesimally short dipole
radiates only 4 percent less than a resonant dipole, the only reason for having
any longer length than infinitesimally short is to make it resonant?

The total field radiated should be proportional to the product of the
voltage and the current applied to the radiator. The size and shape of
the radiator will determine the impedance and radiation pattern.
Neither issue speaks to the "exact location of the point of max
radiation". Any point along the radiator in which traveling wave
currents are flowing will radiate. The amount of radiation emanating
from any given point would be proportional to the rate at which energy
traverses that point.

Does
that bring to mind whether the max radiation occurs at the max voltage or max
current portion of the dipole?

The existance of a max radiation point along a radiator should first be
shown before we begin to argue about its exact location. In my opinion.

73, Jim AC6XG