Old December 2nd 04, 05:57 PM
PaulD

snip

NO Radio equpiment is included in the sale.

Offers over £25k."

(Thanks to Steve Martin for telling us about this).

I wonder if this means that they are still continuing with the Orkney
licence application but baseing themselves on dry land?

I must say the prospect of buying the ship is very appealing! Although I
just can't see where it could be used as a base for a radio station, or what
licence it would be worth going for.

Also, given that the ship is fifty years old and has undergone some abuse I
would dread to think what the maintenance costs would be.

Looking at the pics on the website, it seems that the studios have been
nicely fitted out though.