Old December 6th 04, 05:23 PM
Paul Van House

Default KBME Houston to Sports on 12/20

CC's KBME (am 790 Houston) says (according to a newspaper article)
it will officially kick off its all sport format on 12/20/04. I believe
they are using syndicated programming most of the day but have hired
Charlie Palillo from soon-to-be-rival KILT-am (all sport for about 10-
years) Palillo will host an afternoon/pm-drive talk show. He'll
certainly get support from co-owned news/talk KTRH's sports staff.
Palillo has been co-hosting KTRH's evening "Sports Beat" program for the
past couple of weeks.

So far it would appear the Astros will stay on KTRH since that's
what the contract calls for. I would imagine KBME will compete for
Rockets and Aeros (minor league hockey) and Texans when those contracts
become available.

Meanwhile KILT announced that after a parade of co-hosts, Texans
play-by-play announcer Marc Vandermeer will replace Palillo as pm-drive
co-host with long-time staffer Rich Lord. Vandermeer had been doing a
short call-in show in the mornings on KILT.

--
Paul Van House
(remove _removeme_ from mail address for e-mail replies)