Old December 29th 04, 09:13 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article , wrote:
Hello Gentlemen ... & Lovely Ladies:

1.) Are we sure that the interference is aimed toward the South Florida
market?

No, but a lot of it gets there.

2.) Is this a directional antenna used in Cuba?

3.) Is it a modification to the directional antenna in Cuba?

No, it's a single stick, I believe.

4.) Is it intentional?

Depends on how you think about it. No doubt they are intentionally running
higher power on 560, but whether they are doing it to try and get their
signal out to the US or to jam US stations, I don't know. I'd rather doubt
it in this case... I rather suspect that they are doing it in an attempt to
improve coverage in Cuba without the expense and difficulty of a proper
directional array.

I think if they _had_ a proper east-west array they could get good coverage
without the interference issues.

I have not noticed the change in Ft. Myers, but then again, it is not
one of my button stations.

It comes in nicely here in Virginia.
--scott