Old December 30th 04, 11:52 PM
David Eduardo

"Bob Haberkost" wrote in message

Although....it was Castro who abrogated Cuba's commitment to NARBA.
Before then,
Cuba and the US got along famously, and there was no problems in Cubans
getting U-S
radio, or Floridians Cuban radio. And, Rich is right. When we make nice
with Cuba,
Castro throttles back the blowtorches, since the whole island does
perfectly well
with 5kW on most channels (which shoots down your point that Cuba is
entitled to 1As
or Bs).

Conductivity in Cuba is like much of Puerto Rico... horrible. The only net
in pre-castro years that covered all of Cuba was Circuito CMQ, with about a
dozen staitons, ranging from 50 kw to 10 kw. Today, the major networks have
5 or 6 staitons, but use 10 to 120 kw to fully cover the Island. There are a
half dozen national nets, many regional nets and a lot of local stations.

It's only when the U-S government starts up with some provocative
propaganda
intiative that Castro smokes Florida (and points north...I remember how
hard it was
to listen to Jean Shepherd on WOR when the fight was on between the two
antagonists,
as there was an operation on 710 which ran 250kW or some such in Cuba).

Nope. It was a set of 50 kw stations in each "third" of Cuba, running
regular programming. Now, there is a single 50 and two or three 10 kw
stations.