Old December 30th 04, 11:54 PM
David Eduardo

"Drew A. Durigan" wrote in message
After reading this group, I decided to check it out for myself last night.

Here in Orlando, the Cuban signal on 560 is completely obliterating WQAM.
The
strength of the Cuban signal is such that it is receivable on my cheapest
radio, a small AM/FM portable which I bought about 10 years ago for $10.

Normally, WQAM puts a weak but listenable signal here both day and night.
have never before heard a Cuban on 560, either day or night.

Now, the only way WQAM can be heard is by nulling the Cuban, using the
excellent directional characteristics of my C. Crane Radio. Even so, the
Cuban
station mixes with WQAM, as the axis between Miami and Cuba from here is
less
than a full 90 degrees.

I also noticed the Cuban station was overmodulated to the point of
distortion.
What makes this interesting is that this station seems to be a network
affilliate. The other receivable Cuban stations on the same network (600,
620,
and 640) are normally modulated and not distorted. This suggests the
overmodulation on 560 could be intentional as this would cause maximum
"tearing" and interference to WQAM.

WQAM is in English. There is no need to jam it.