Old July 10th 03, 07:20 PM
Twistedhed

From: (William=A0Baumann)
Well I am just running 10 watts out the radio right now, and I would
like to run a 250W linnear in the future. I know that the W5000 can
handle that easily. I had just heard that the open air coil antennas
helped improve TX/RX range greatly, so I figured I would look into it.
_
I'm a Wilson (old style) fan myself..although I do have a fiberglass
whip I occasionally use from back in the day. I heard the company (is it
Barjan?sp?)) that bought Wilson haven't changed much in design...(shug).
I know the baddest mobiles around here have open coils and they all
throw down with open coils at the key line,,,,mass fraud has been
perpetuated against the public-at-large before (look at "JB Weld"), but
I'm inclined to side with the big guns,,,hearing is believing. A very
good friend has made a name for himself with his ricochet-skip dish and
he uses an open air super-penetrator-type.... he definitely has a mobile
to reckon with.