Old July 12th 03, 12:42 AM
Skipp

If your Uniden is a common auto type CB, you need a DC power supply...
often refered to as a 12 or 13.8 volt DC power supply. You should not
need more than 3 to 4 amps of current capacity from the supply.

You will need to run coaxial 50 ohm impedance radio cable from the radio
to an external (outside) antenna. There are two common cable part
numbers, one RG-8 which is standard outside coax for CB applications. The
other RG-58 is smaller auto type coax and will work in short runs of base
station operation.

Radio Shaft (shack) and other electronic suppliers sell the power supply
and the coax cable.

The computer will probably generate noise into the CB when its on... it
will probably have to be off if you want to listen to the CB without extra
noise being generated.

A practical antenna would be a vertical type, often refered to as a Big
Stick or similar clones. Many times the clones are crap. Big Stick is/was
a brand and model of a good antenna. There are other types and models.

Be prepared to hear both heaven and hell playing out of the speaker when
you turn the radio on.

enjoy
s.

: Wesley Fortman wrote:
: I was recently given a nice little Uniden CD, I am not able to use the
: car enough to make it worthwhile to install it there, how would I go
: about setting it up in the house? I have a small room where I have my
: computer and office stuff.I am a Korea Vet with heart problems so I
: spend quite a lot of time indoors. I am a newbie so please walk me
: through it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
: