Old July 20th 03, 02:03 PM
Alan Lansburger

Just one more thing, what are the "A" channels for?

"Steve Phillips" wrote in message
I believe it is in the same family as several similar radios including the
Eagle Sidewinder 400 which I recently purchased.

I am very happy with it.

I know someone who bout the Pro Star 400 then sold it to a friend.

The Eagle has a simple jumper setting which enables ten bands of 40

channels
as well as +5KHz and -5KHz.

It may actually be closer to the Magnum 257. The mod link on Bill's 2 Way
site sends you to the Magnum 257 page.
http://www.bills2way.com/modificatio...m_257_mod.html

It says "This modification applies to the Titan II RPSY-485 as well as the
Magnum 257, 357, 457, and the Superstar 4900 Mobile, and Pro-Star 400
Mobile.".

Personally I like it a lot better than my Galaxy 2100. It is small and

works
great. The Galaxy seems to require a lot more fidgeting, or maybe I just

do
it because it has a lot more to play with.

What I don't get are the "A" channels as they are called. It doesn't have

+10KHz switch like the Galaxy and some other radios.

I also have a similar radio, the Radio Shack TRC-485 which I moded to

access
the extra channels. The only problem is the VCO in the 485 is not

broadband
so it can only transmit on about 150-160 channels.

I am currently running a mobile D104 mic with the radio going through a
small amp into a Valor Half Breed mag mount antenna. It's a great setup.

Here is a link to a frequency table which includes the Pro Star 400.
http://cbshop.webtrix.net/freq-chart-master.htm

More info...

http://www.cbradioforum.com/messagev...o%20star%20400

Steve

"Alan Lansburger" wrote in message
Can anyone give some advise on this rig? Has anyone had any good or bad
experiences with it? I'm looking at it because I'm trying to fing an

export
about the same size of the Midland 77-113 to fit into the dash board of

my
car. Any suggestions?