Old July 26th 03, 02:08 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Keith" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:29:59 -0400, Dwight Stewart

wrote:

" wrote:

Let the FCC know that they can no longer keep you
from your right to use the ten meter band allocation
if you are a technician licensee. (snip)

You don't have to use your identity, (snip)

(snip) I will be on the air and I hope 10,000 or
more no code technicians will join me. (snip)

And I suspect anyone who did this would find himself very much alone

on
those frequencies. Only an idiot would risk his license doing something

like
this. That and your provocative email address, should be enough to

convince
most you message is nothing more than a message trolling for suckers

foolish
enough to take it seriously.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Dwight, There is no way for anyone to know if a tech license has passed a
morse code test and all techs have voice privileges for 28.3-28.5 MHz.
What is the FCC going to do run around and check every tech license

holder?
Besides would you rather give up ten meters to truckers and CBers?

--
The Radio Page Ham, Police Scanner, Shortwave and more.
http://www.kilowatt-radio.org/

Whoa!!!

Per the FCC website:

"Technician
The privileges of a Technician Class operator license include operating
stations while transmitting on channels in any of 17 frequency bands above
50 MHz with up to 1,500 watts of power. To pass the Technician Class
examination, at least 26 questions from a 35 question written examination
must be answered correctly. A Technician Class licensee who also has passed
a 5 words-per-minute (wpm) telegraphy examination receives privileges in
four long distance shortwave bands in the HF range (3-30 MHz) (Refer to
Section 97.301)."

So, Techs don't have phone privileges from 28.3-28.5. Not only that, they
don't have voice priveleges *anywhere* below 50 MHz.

Kim W5TIT

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to