Old July 26th 03, 12:28 PM
Keith Hosman

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
From: (Scott Unit 69)
ROLDAIGNAULT wrote:
From: Scott Unit 69

| PLEASE DO
NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.: | FEED THE
TROLLS! | :=.' -
Keith made a legitimate request to take action to eliminate the code
testing. He provided the websites to do just that. If you happen to
disagree with him on that issue, it doesn't make it a troll post.
Keith wrote:
as soon as possible. The first protest is August
1st 6 pm local time on 28.306 USB

_
A troll is one who asks others to do something
wrong.

Yup,,that's certainly one of several definitions.

In this case, it is use of 10 meters without the

proper class of license. The second part of his
message is something that can be done. If

you wish to use 10 meters in violation of your

ticket, so be it, it's your NAL, pay it if you want.
His message is half-troll, half good idea. I

think we all just need to sit back and wait a

few more months to see what happens. You

would be better off complaining about BPL. If

it happens, HF won't mean ****, CW or not.

(Also CB, MW, TV 2 thru 6, 6 meters, VHF lo

band and harmonics out the wazoo)

__

Well, I certainly can't take issue with his approach. Massive Civil
Disobedience on a wide scale can be extremely effective. Has anyone else
thought about what this "protest" may actally lead to? Suppose a
plethora of ops show up, unlicensed and unauthorized, both, to partake
in the protest. Then they can do it again the next week, Then the week
after, and the week after,,,pretty soon, we can all be rolling onto ten
meter as a place for more quality HF spectrum with no reservations and
no licenses....with minimal enforcement...the way it ought be. Done told
them nocodes over and over,,, watch they ask for,,,,,,,they just might
get it. Some need to reach for that instant gratification, though, and
it appears no matter how much noise they make, it ain't gonna happen.
The code has it's purpose in life, and contrary to many nocodes belief,
such is not to keep them down, but to add to and enhance their radio
knowledge and capabilities.

-------

Code also has a purpose, in that it will get through some band conditions
that phone will not. Besides, it can be fun.

73 de Keith